Laura is a Leadership and Life Coach who is deeply committed to guiding individuals and professionals to achieve effective relationships and fulfilling careers. Her extensive experience as a counselor, consultant and coach is wide-ranging and includes working within the business world for the past 16 years. Laura has coached amazing clients to maximize their strengths, learn new skills and make the changes needed to lead passionate and deliberate lives.
Credentialed by International Coach Federation and The Center for Credentialing & Education and The Institute for Social+Emotional Intelligence, Laura’s primary focus areas are Life and Career Transitions, Strengths Based Leadership and Emotional Intelligence. Laura leads five signature workshops each year; all workshops are approved for CEU’s for Board Certified Coaches and are eligible for ICF credits under Resource Development
- Designing Life Transitions – Creating Your Path to Successful Change
- Vital Voices at the Table – Leadership Matters
- Strengths Based Leadership — Leading Self, Leading Others
- The Power of Emotional Intelligence: What is EQ & How to Coach It
- Emotional Intelligence & You: Your Personal SEIP® EQ Profile & How to Improve it
As a Certified Emotional Intelligence Coach, Laura now adds coaching, training and facilitation about this topic to her portfolio of services. Social and Emotional intelligence is a form of intelligence that drives success in work and in life and in our relationships with others, and unlike IQ, it can be learned and improved at any age. Daniel Goleman, in his seminal article “What Makes a Leader” (Harvard Business Review), concluded that emotional intelligence is not just a better predictor of success, but these ‘soft’ skills are essential for todays’ leaders.
Known as a knowledgeable, engaging coach and group facilitator, who successfully coaches “trained coaches”, clients say remarkable things about the impact Laura’s work has on their life and business success. Example comments include:
It was a great experience and oriented me to move on with my career in a planned, and paced way. Laura‘s relaxed but intentional nature encourages group discussion and a dynamic group process. I know I will apply what I learned both personally and professionally”. – D.C.
I would recommend Laura’s workshop to others. Laura surely delivers! She really cares about all of the participants and she made the learning experience ‘real’ for me. I learned a lot about myself and came away with tools and skills I can also use with my clients.” – L.J.
If you are looking for a proven coach who can guide you to be kind of leader that helps move people into action, including yourself, you have come to the right place.
For information you can telephone Laura at 917-648-9625, or use her contact form to send her an email.
Laura holds several degrees and certifications:
- Board Certified Coach (BCC); The Center for Credentialing & Education
- Associate Certified Coach (ACC); The International Coach Federation
- Certified Social+Emotional Intelligence Coach™;The Institute for Social+Emotional Intelligence
- Certified Life Coach (CLC); The Institute For Life Coach Training
- Certified Relationship Specialist; The Imago International Institute For Relationships
- Masters in Clinical Social Work; (M.S.W.); Adelphi University
- Masters in Educational Psychology (M.Ed.); Brooklyn College
Laura is an active member in the following organizations:
— Inaugural Group of Board Certified Coaches; (CCE)
— High Sights Leadership Development; True North Group
— The International Coach Federation; (ICF)
— The Transition Network; Embracing Change After 50